Overview of UK Cookie Consent Rules
EU law requires organisations placing cookies through websites onto visitors' computers to obtain their "consent" after providing clear and comprehensive information about how cookies are used on the websites.
In order to comply with this, we have taken four steps:
- (i) Identified cookies and other tracking technologies served through this website, the purposes they fulfil, and related information such as their expiry and whether they are first or third party cookies.
- (ii) Assessed the intrusiveness of these cookies on visitors' expectations of Privacy, based on the information collected in (i) above.
- (iii) Provided 'clear and comprehensive' information about website cookies with the appropriate level of disclosure corresponding with the intrusiveness of each cookie.
- (iv) Decided on an appropriate strategy for obtaining consent for website cookies, taking into account their use and intrusiveness. Certain types of cookie may qualify for legal exemptions and, where this is the case, consent will not be required for these cookies.
Consent Strategies Used on This Website
The consent strategy that is appropriate for any given type of Cookie will depend on the intrusiveness of that Cookie, taking into account:
- who serves the Cookie (i.e. a first or third party)
- what data the Cookie collects
- what purposes it fulfils
- how long it endures
- the nature of the website through which it is served.
For Cookies requiring consent, we follow a three-tiered approach for obtaining visitor consent:
- for Cookies of medium intrusiveness: we use the same strategy as for low intrusiveness Cookies and also make contextual disclosures about Cookie use at appropriate points on the websites (e.g. making Cookie disclosures around targeted adverts or other website functionality reliant on these Cookies).
- for Cookies of high intrusiveness: we will implement a prior consent strategy (for example, the use of a banner / pop-up requiring visitors to consent to these Cookies before they are served).
Implied consent for most Cookies: With only a few exceptions, the great majority of Cookies deployed through our websites are of low to medium intrusiveness only.
Cookie disclosures by type, rather than by identity: Given the number of Cookies served through websites, the assessment below does not disclose and assess the intrusiveness of each Cookie individually. Instead, it groups Cookies by category (for example, 'advertising cookies', 'analytics cookies' and so on) and assesses the intrusiveness of each category, taking into account the specific features of the Cookies that are within that category. This enables Cookie disclosures that are simpler and clearer for consumers to understand.
NOTE: An assessment of the Cookie types served used by our websites appears in the table below which provides information about their purpose(s), expiry and information how to block the cookies.
Links to Other Web Sites
How to Contact Us
50-100 Holmers Farm Way,
By email: email@example.com
|Type of Cookie||Source||Purpose||Expiry||How to Block|
|Cookies necessary for essential website purposes and functions||Johnson & Johnson||These cookies are strictly necessary for the proper operation of our site. They allow us to ensure the security and efficient delivery of our site.||The cookie we set for this purpose is automatically removed from your device one month after you last visited our website.||You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse these cookies. As the means vary from browser to browser, you should visit your browser's Help menu for more information|
|Website enhancement cookies||Johnson & Johnson||These cookies help enhance the performance and usability of our website. For example, they may allow us to detect whether your browser can run small website programs (called 'scripts') that provide additional website functionality or enable us to remember any website preferences you set (such as font size or language preferences).||The cookie we set for this purpose is automatically removed from your device once you close your browser.||You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse these cookies. As the means vary from browser to browser, you should visit your browser's help menu for more information.|
|Cookies and other tracking technologies served by Janssen service providers and other companies|
|Analytics cookies and technologies||Google Analytics||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
For more information, please visit the link here: http://www.janssen.com/uk/cookie-policyPHGB/NPR/0117/0003 | January 2017